Welcome to Sacred Earth Studios Blog.
My Name is Michael Hatten..
I have been photographing the Pacific NW for many years but I sold off all my camera equipment after a major life change 1997.. In 2002 I was looking at possibly purchasing a new camera. Thats when my wife convienced me to purchase a Canon Rebel 2000 35mm film camera.
Since then I have been an after work and weekend shooter going as many places as I could shooting mainly landscapes. Panoramics was something I love to doing. There was nothing like taking in the whole view.
Living in Salem was a bit of a blessing photography wise. The Oregon coast, Central Oregon and Columbia Gorge were just hours away and I took advantage of it and I learned a lot about photography.
As 2006 came around I jumped into the Digital Camera Age and have not looked back.
Since then I have added Architecture to my topics of interest and I love HDR... When not over cooked.
The main pourpose of this blog is:
- To share my journey and artwork.
- Connecting with like minded people.
- Sharing information and articles from the web to help make your photos awesome.
- I will even do my best to answer how to questions.
- Lastly to share other things that interest me.